Every software team member knows that there's more to delivering truly great products than writing solid code and having the best of breed tooling. Modern software teams that experience the greatest successes understand that strong leadership of highly motivated and skilled people are the difference, and that building better teams means building better solutions. The practices and techniques that team members use to understand and analyze the problem space, to manage interpersonal communication and conflict, and to deliver solutions that delight the end users are key to their success.
People are not born leaders; leaders are cultivated from anyone who is motivated to make a difference! Whether you're a leader by title or by necessity, the skills and practices shared in this track will enable you to have more effective interactions with stakeholders, team members, direct reports, even your manager. Whether you're an experienced leader or an aspiring leader, we have something for you in the Technical Excellence and Leadership Skills track.
Topics in this track include:
- Pure Consultancy: Mastering your fears like a Jedi
- Measuring up! Collect the Right Metrics for the Right Reasons
- Fast Focus: Super charge your Feedback Skills in 20 minutes
- How to Fix a Failing Project
- How to Effectively Communicate Technical Ideas to Non-Technical Audiences
- Learned Helplessness vs Learned Optimism - Getting Your Team Unstuck
- Technical Debt Is Not Free
- Mapping the Story – Your team's guide to creating a Product Backlog
- Secrets of Conflict Resolution